Readathon is a sponsored reading event, which encourages young people to read for pleasure, whilst raising money.
We are holding a Readathon between 16th to 22nd January 2017, which is open to everyone across school. It’s designed to reinforce good reading habits & raise funds to support the Learning Resources Centre.
Why should I get involved?
– You will discover a whole world of reading. – You could win some fantastic prizes! – You will be rewarded with reading merits whilst raising money for the Learning Resources Centre, which benefits the whole school community! – If everyone aimed to raise at least £5 in sponsorship in one year group, we would raise around £500! This would be a fantastic contribution in enhancing the Learning Resources Centre for everyone at Manor CE Academy.
What do I need to do?
– Decide on your own reading challenge. – Set yourself a target for what/how much you are going to read during the week of Readathon. For example how many minutes each day you are going to read. – Set yourself a target that’s manageable! – Sign up in the LRC to receive your pack. – Ask people to sponsor you. – Get Reading!
What can I read?
– You can read anything – books, comics, manga titles and ebooks. – Reading can take place at home and in school during break, lunch times, before and after school. – Students will be able to borrow additional books from the LRC to participate in the Readathon. However, students can read books from home too.
Do I need to get poeple to sponsor me?
– No. The main aim is to meet your own reading challenge so its fine if you would prefer not to be sponsored. However, many people like the opportunity to raise money too.
Who should I ask to sponsor me?
– Anyone who you know well. We encourage students to get pledges from friends, family and known neighbours, responsibly. – Remember you should never approach a stranger and ask them for money! – Sponsors may like to pledge an amount for each page read (10p per page) or a flat amount for the week or night (£5.00). All money raised will go to enhancing the Learning Resources Centre.
What happens at the end of the challenge?
– You will have to return your challenge form to the Finance Office and sponsorship money that you have raised by 27th January 2017. – The money raised will go to improving the LRC and its resources. – Prizes will be awarded to students once Readathon has finished.
WHEN? Jan 16th – 22nd January 2017 WHERE? Wherever you like to read! HOW? Sign up today! Ask Mrs O’ Neill for details. WHAT CAN I READ? Books, e-books, poetry, comics – anything goes.. WHY? Set yourself a reading target and raise money for your Learning Resources Centre!